Affinity Care is our new collective name to show that our practices have joined into one organisation. The joining of these like-minded practices has happened steadily since 2012 and now comprises of 8 practices over 9 sites:
- Shipley Medical Practice
- Westcliffe Medical Practice
- Thornton and Denholme Medical Practice
- Cowgill Surgery
- The Willows Medical Practice
- North Street Medical Practice
- Sunnybank Medical Practice
- Haigh Hall Medical Practice
The reason for practices amalgamating in this way is to help build a more sustainable structure to better meet the increasing demands on the NHS, improve the patient experience and deliver improved clinical outcomes. It also provides better retention of both GP’s and staff.
It makes sense that ‘together we can be better’ rather than working in isolation in what is now a very challenging role for General Practice.
- In our model we aim to keep what patients and staff value from General Practice – family orientated and clinically led care.
- We value continuity of care for patients with long term conditions and the need for easy access with urgent advice for more acute problems.
- We value the individuality of each of our practices and the differing needs of patients
- We aim to have friendly approachable patient-facing staff, including our reception and clinical teams.
- Patients will increasingly be able to get improved access to services at local sites, even more so with specialist care as we will share our clinical teams.
- We will be working with other stakeholder organisations in our communities and across Bradford to improve services.
Please look out in the surgery and on our websites for opportunities to get involved in patient surveys and focus groups as patient involvement is important to us.
Thank you for reading about Affinity Care.