We aim to provide a modern, effective, caring service without losing the traditional concept of family medicine.
Under our patients’ charter:
- You can expect pleasant and easily accessible premises.
- You can expect a repeat prescription, if appropriate, within 48 hours.
- You can expect confidentiality to be maintained at all times.
- You should not expect the doctors to automatically issue a prescription at every consultation.
- You can expect to be referred to a hospital or special unit if appropriate.
- You can expect to be offered appropriate advice on staying healthy and avoiding illness, together with the relevant information on self-help for minor illness.
- You can expect the practice to be committed to ongoing training for all personnel.
- You can expect the staff to be polite, helpful and efficient.
- If acutely ill, you can expect to be seen the same day.
- You can expect the practice to have a structured complaints procedure.
With these rights come responsibilities:
- You have a responsibility to show consideration to the staff.
- You have a responsibility to only request home visits when absolutely necessary.
- You have a responsibility to keep appointments unless adequate notice has been given to the contrary.
- You have a responsibility to adhere to the policy for repeat prescriptions.
- You have a responsibility to recognise consultations are for one person only